Swedish “World Internet Institute” launched the Swedish Internet Statistics for 2011 (Svenskarna och Internet 2011). Some interesting facts from the study:
- 52% of all Swedes are on Facebook or 63% of the Swedish internet population. In the words of the study: “Facebook is the most popular (..social network), everybody is there.”
- An amazing 96% of the young people between 16-25 years are on social networks
- All internet activities were increasing besides instant messaging, which went down to 25% internet users
- According to the study 42% of all females are visiting Facebook daily in comparison to 33% of male. Facebook´s own statistics state that 70% of the Swedish Facebook users are visiting Facebook daily.
- Only 7% of the Swedish population is using Twitter.